header-photo

My Upcoming 120 Film Experience


My Upcoming 120 Film Experience, originally uploaded by cngodles.

I have never been into film that much. I don't think I have ever shot an entire roll of 35mm film (yet). But something makes me want to try it. So when I found out that you can still buy 120 film, with no end in sight, I figured I would give it a try.

I have my collection well cataloged, so I brought up a list of all of the 120 film cameras that I had. I only have one, this No. 1 Pocket Kodak Series II. But, great news is that it is in very good condition. So this camera, which is probably well over 80 years old, will get a chance to shoot again.

The roll next to the new one is a junk roll the camera shop gave me. I needed a spool to take up the film as I shot it. The negatives are 60mm x 90mm, with 4 x 6 prints most likely.

The focus can se set on the lens from 5 feet to 100, so I'll have to be a careful judge of distance. With the 108mm, f7.7 minimum lens on this camera, I really don't have to be spot on. I am going to meter using my digital camera, setting it to Iso 400, F7.7 and seeing what the exposure turns out to be. If it's dark or light, I'll adjust the shutter or F-stop as needed.

Now I just need to find 8 photos to shoot.

Can't wait. :)