header-photo

The Summer of Estate Sales

This Summer I got hooked on Estate sales. Mostly through my love of cameras. In fact, a quick camera score got me started.

We were at a Flea Market and were able to pick up an entire box full of polaroid cameras for $1 a piece. So I paid about $15 for the lot. Afterwards we went out with one of Rachel's friends, and at dinner I started to look them up.

One of the cameras, still sealed in the box, was selling for $175+. Crazy!

That is what got me started. I bought several NES games and resold those, and sold many more cameras over the Summer. One of my largest scores was a Sigma 135mm F1.8 lens that I got as part of a lot for $150. The lens alone sold for $550 about 6 weeks later. The camera came with 4 other lenses and a really nice camera.

Another good one was a sale that had a Minolta lot for $80. One lens in the lot sold for $225, another for $75. The camera went for $35.

I also sold all sorts of other stuff, including a typewriter.

It was fun, but I got a bit burned out. I had well over $2,000 in eBay sales. eBay loved me, they probably made $300 or more off of me. I haven't been to a sale in 2-3 months now.